Sunday 12 October 2008

Sunday night at Jeff and Da's

Sunday night curry at Jeff and Da's,
Diana at 388 all ready to go,
Diana at Jeff's looking at a picture of Jeff and Da taken last week at -5 Supperclub,

a view of the bay from Jeffs condo,

Diana enjoying the view,

I took this because I could see the moon, but now I look at it the moon is to small to see, but at least you can see Pattaya bay!

looking up towards the big Buddha and the radio and weather station,

Diana and Da looking forward to Jeff making a strawberry jackcari,

part one add ice,

and alcohol,

with help from friends,

add strawberries,

mix,

add to glass,

and serve,

the perfect drink for a hot days afternoon,

the ladies really enjoyed it,

it was so cool,

Diana with her second drink,
Pattaya bay looking through Jeffs lounge,

Jeff's collection of tropical fish,

and aeroplanes,

our food arrives,

so much food, it was excellent, from the Indian restaurant on Second Road called A-haar, but the entrance is in Soi Post Office,

a night view of the bay,

and of Walking Street,

a shot of the floating seafood restaurants in the bay, as always a wonderful evening which mainly centered on the fact that Jeff and myself although we share a common language, pronounce words differently, as he is American and I am English, for instance he says buie and I say buoy, the thing you tie ships to that floats on water, but enough of this, I am on my third vodka and soda so it is time for a sleep!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Mr. Kemp. You've made a reference to "...making a strawberry jackcari...". What is a jackcari? The photographs you have posted clearly show a strawberry daiquiri. I was unable to locate the definition of jackcari in any dictionary, and I don't think the word 'jackcari' is even in the Oxford English Dictionary. You have heard of the Oxford English Dictionary, right? This is the dictionary from the University of Oxford, England. Are you playing a prank on your readers by making up new words?

PattayaStan said...

Dear NYCasual, glad to see you are reading the blog and not listening to the voices! yes correct I should have written daiquiri, but in a strange twist of fate when I did a Google search for jackcari guess what the first entry was? it was my blog page with jackcari on it, type it into Google and see for yourself, I wonder if I should get a prize for inventing a new word? best regards, Stanley and Diana.