Wednesday 29 October 2008

A Visit to the Friday, Saturday and Sunday Market.

as the title suggest the market is only there 3 nights a week, the market is on Teppreisit Road on the right hand side as you drive away from the Jomtien beach end, almost opposite the MP petrol station. Diana I think wants a new pair of sunglasses!
or maybe this pair!
Diana, we joined Uncashsa and Mark at the market,
it is always very crowded so it is a good idea to get there just after 5 in the afternoon,
plenty to look at, almost anything is available from fish to shoes! the girls went off on their own, but I noticed a couple of pairs of earrings that I think Diana might like,
these are money boxes but made from plaster, and painted, but there is no way to get the money out except smashing them, I remember as a kid my money box was kept under the stairs it was a big black metal box, you put your coins in and turned a handle, I could hear my money dropping in to the coin box, strange thing is I can never remember getting any money out of it.
this lady was selling some lovely silk scarves,
so I bought two for Diana,
now I really liked this stall, it was loaded with remote control toys, this helicopter was about 2,000 baht and a bit big,
but this one in mid air was only 1,600, I came so close to buying it, but wacthing the guy with the controls proved that noway would my reactions be quick enough to control it, it would have been a real case of crash and burn! but fun to watch in any event,
as you can see from Diana and Uncashsa a successful evenings shopping!
on the way back to the bikes we went past the food carts,
there were so many of them it made us quite hungry,
and bar-b-q fish as well,
so we called into the restaurant in the market for a quick bite to eat, Diana and myself,
with Mark and Uncashsa,
cow pat mu for us that is pork fried rice, delicious!

No comments: