Monday 26 January 2009

Last Night It Was Down To Bali Hai Pier,

I felt a bit better on Saturday afternoon, but as the evening wore on my headache, sore throat and coughing got even worse, by the time that I woke from a fitful sleep on Sunday morning I felt worse than before, but in the evening I decided to take Diana to Bali Hai pier, for a look around as she had not been there on Chinese New Year before,
there were lots of stalls selling beer and plenty of tables to sit at,
and of course loads of food stalls,
crabs, shrimps and squid, all ready for cooking,
plus lots of shellfish, vegetables and all!
and even more fresh fish,
I have seen this type of drink so many times but have never felt the need to buy one - when the beer tent is so near!
Diana decided on some sticky black rice,
this is a novel touch, I have never seen this before, each tray has a selection of seafood, well that is fair enough, but it is kept on a huge steamer to keep it all hot,
and the same for these cockles,
we then went to see and hear the band, I am not to sure what they were playing, I wish I knew, that way I would not go to a shop and buy it by mistake! I know it is just me getting old!
then a walk to the sea, unlike many of these shows this one had loads of seats, or a serious lack of tourists,
Dolphin Seafood restaurant, we went there for Tom's birthday party, if you want a review of the food and show there just click on restaurants on the labels option,
then at the near end to Walking Street there are the stalls selling clothes, gifts etc,
and Bali Hai Plaza itself, well we had a nice walk around and got home about 9.30, had a cup of tea and watched a HD DVD of The Chronicles of Riddick, a good action movie if you like Vin Diesel, (born Mark Sinclair Vincent; July 18, 1967), with great special effects another cup of tea and off to bed for another sleepless night!

No comments: