Wednesday 22 July 2009

Off To Blighty Part Two,

after recovering from last night at Miso, I had a hunt through some of my old stuff and found this, it was awarded to me for bring my 50 year old H. R. D. Vincent to North Weald, I keep saying it I will put a few pictures of it on the blog!
then it was time out in the car, but not for long, the rain soon caught me up,
but before that I called into see Richard who is a IFA (Independent Financial Advisor), mainly because Ian has always said he wanted to see it and he is also restoring a MGB and is interested in most sports cars,
before that a light breakfast, this cafe is next door to Big Foot bikes, Steve ready for a tuck in,
the reason I mention the shop is that there is also the Big Foot bike club,
and the cafe next door is where they all meet when out for a ride,
on the way down to Phil's I saw this Mini, all of the other ones I have seen do not have hinges at the bottom of the boot which looked a little strange, either that or I am not very observant,
when we got to Phil's he had a monkey puzzle tree in the front garden, I remember being fascinated by them as a child, then when I moved into my flat there were two in the garden, a male and a female, alas part of the garden was sold so down they came, but nice to see a young one growing,
also in the front garden was Phil's new Mercedes,
not a standard one of course, it was a Brabus,
currently Phil is restoring a Triumph TR 6,
then to the local Harley shop,
from cruisers,
to sports bikes, this is the same bike that Phil has in Thailand, but as it has a super charger on it that Phil fitted for better performance,
now this for me looks like a proper bike, lean and mean,
this is a souped up version of Phil's bike, designed as only the Germans know how,
now this Harley is something else, I have been told it is about 150 b.h.p. about 50 more than the German Harley, the engine is made in I think Austria,
and how about that for a front disc brake!, I did not want to waste the Harley Davidson's dealers time, so I did not ask the price of these super fast Harley's, but not cheap I bet!
then off for a bite to eat in Bramley, Phil mentioned that there was a car show room that was interesting just down the road, I have to confess I have forgotten the name of the pub, but it is in Bramley High Street,
inside you can add your card to the collection,
it has a nice cosy feel about it, also some unusual pub decorations,
a typical British public house, burger for Phil, prawn roll for me,
and cottage pie for Steve, another great day out surrounded by bikes and after lunch cars.

No comments: