Monday 27 July 2009

Whilst Diana Was Doing A Bit Of House Work,

I thought I would watch a bit of this, I bought this for a couple of quid in the UK, although there are a number in the set this particular volume interested me as it features steam trains, I just love them! I was just going to watch for 10 or 15 minuets, but I sat there for an hour, totally transfixed, I remember being taking by Mum to Victoria station to meet Dad coming home from work, the building was huge, we then went to the 10 minuet theater, it played non-stop Tom and Jerry cartoons for travellers to watch as they waited for their trains, and being cartoons they passed all language barriers, then we went to the locomotive, I had never seen some thing so huge in my life, Dad always got the same train home and had a chat with the driver and engineer most days, I was allowed on to the footplate, I still remember the heat, the smell of oil and coal, happy days, later in the day it was over to Big C, we wanted to watch Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, if (like us) you like Harry Potter, it was great, in case you do not know this is in two parts, second part I guess next year, if you do not like Harry Potter it is terrible, but one thing, why is it that the people who design aircraft seats do not talk to the people that design cinema seats? in a aircraft I struggle to go to sleep, in a cinema, even if I am enjoying the film I sometimes nod off, very few people in the cinema maybe about 10-12, but more than enough mosquitoes, I was bitten to pieces! I guess with so few people we that were there had more than our fair share!
before we went in to see Harry we stopped in a almost deserted big C to have an ice cream, then a few people walked past, but it was 6.45 on a Sunday evening, I thought a few more people would be out and about,
the ice cream for Diana and milkshake for me,
we called into the food stalls on the way back, then watched The Fly, not content with that Diana then wanted to watch The Fly 2, for me both were OKish, Dian kept saying ugh! every time some thing happen, the good news is we were playing cribbage and watching them at the same time, I won every game, He He!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big 'C' looking very quiet, Stan. I have seen a few movies in the Big 'C' multi-plex.

Do the audience still stand up for the short film about the King of Thailand? - before the main picture.

Used to be done in British cinemas many years ago, for our monarchs.

PattayaStan said...

Dear Anonymous, yes everybody still does stand for the film of the King, I still remember doing the same in the UK in the 50's but that mark of respect finaly stopped shortly after that time, best regards, Stan and Diana.