Friday 7 March 2014

I Had To Have A Second Look,

when I saw this picture,


to me it looks like the island is being left high and dry as water falls down a gigantic waterfall, Photo-shopped picture perhaps? but no, as far as I am aware it has not been shopped, it shows the Southwestern tip of the island of Mauritius, an island nation 1,200 kilometres southeast of Africa, what I was looking at was actually sand from the shores of Mauritius being driven via ocean currents off of that high, coastal shelf, and down into the darker ocean depths off the southern tip of the island, giving the optical effect of a waterfall, in case the name of the island sounds familiar, the island of Mauritius was the only home of the Dodo bird, the bird became extinct fewer than eighty years after its discovery, but back to the waterfall what a great picture, not to mention natural phenomenon.


No comments: