Saturday 29 March 2014

We Had A Busy Day,

in the morning,


 Alex and Hugh called in and in the afternoon Mr. Tony called round, after we said our goodbyes we were then off to the weekend night market on Thepprasit road, the pancake seller was at his usual place,

 sunset looking towards Jomtien,

 and looking inland, not many people here this evening,

 I noticed some embroidered dressing gowns,

 I would like to say hand stitched, but I guess they are made on a computerised machine,

 having said dressing gowns this one looks like a shirt,

 they were on a stall selling souvenirs,

 and then not more than 10 feet away another stall selling embroidered dragons,

 I am not sure what the stall on the left is selling, but the one on the right is selling Laurelle parfums from London,

 with balloons a plenty and loudspeakers all will be revealed later,

 as quiet as the clothes section was,

 the food aisles seemed very busy,

 although no one wanted a slushy,

 and the new food aisle had hardly any trade at all,

 new in the fashion department this week,

 printed T shirts, but instead of being white they have a pale plum colour as a background,

 I past a few more clothes aisles,

 before going to the pet section,

 which had very few customers,

 the pet boutique that was closed last week is now open again, so I guess all is now well,

 the aquatic outlet at the end of the row still here,

 sunset over the market,

 here is a new venture for the lady that owns the bar we normally sit at, she now owns this one, 

 at the end of the new food aisle,

 Diana will be buying some fresh fruit here later,

 I now made my way back to the bar,

 passing the ice cream or I should say lollipop man,

 I was now near the bar and passing the stall behind it, I still could not see what they were selling, all that was on display were a number of free giveaways and pictures of cars and bikes,

then it dawned on me, they were offering credit to buy a car or bike,

the fluffy toy stall on the other side of the bar,

still had a few yellow ducks, but my little pony,

and these cats seen to be the flavor of the month,

 this gentleman is here every week selling peanuts,

 I was then startled by a noise, the proud owner of this bike came roaring past, it seems strange that a bike that small can be so loud,

tonight we were joined by Brian, we chatted the evening away, then after saying our farewells we made a move for home, after our evening meal a couple from The Chase, a Midsomer Murder and two from Bones and we were off to bed.


1 comment:

elliot said...

Stan, I sure miss Thailand. Maybe someday I'll go back there to visit. It wouldn't be the same now that I'm married, of course.