Sunday 2 March 2014

We Decided To Go To The Weekend Flower Market,

for a couple of reasons,



firstly or hibiscus have been invaded by some type of bug, so a bottle of bugbusters to the rescue, also as the tomatoes that Diana planted were getting bigger we needed some pots and compost to thin them out a little, so an ice cream at the market to start the day and we were off,

 we parked at the end where the bigger types of purchases are,

 no sooner had we walked in than I spotted this,

 a jackfruit tree,

 complete with a couple already growing like this one,

 then on to the flowers section,

 lots of roses,

 there are of course lots of garden related items like wooden furniture,

 more roses, I guess the cooler weather we have been having recently suited them,

 if only I had a fish pond, a few of these lilies would have a new home,

 one of the aquarium and pond fish outlets,

 this I guess is the most colourful stall,

 with lots of artificial flowers,

 if like us you only have a limited amount of space you can buy one of these self contained water features,

 there is even a choice of colour, light,

 or dark,

 a few bonsai, but the seller that normally has a huge selection of them was not here today,

 I was so tempted at 5 orchids for 200 baht,

 but I walked on to the next stall with some more water features albeit a little smaller,

 another aquatic outlet,

 the cactus stall was here again,

 I quite liked this one,

 more of my favourites, orchids,

 there are fresh cut orchids for sale here too,

 mini orchids at 50 baht,

 or these ones at 70 baht,

 they all looked so nice,

 I was really tempted with this one, but we were on a mission!

 I had not seen these before, parrot and bird wind chimes,

 these relatives of the pineapple that we know so well, bromeliads, were huge,

 more orchids, this time in hanging baskets,

 but this was the shop we had come here for, we bought a bottle of bug spray, and some more sphagnum moss for the seeds that I bought in Bangkok the last time we were there,

 and a few pots for the tomatoes,

 then a couple of ice coffees, all of that walking was thirsty work!

 but whilst we were here we bought a few bananas to snack on in the afternoon,

I think we over ordered in the soil department, it appears that it is 6 bags for 100 baht, good job we brought the truck! then off home we went, if you want to visit the market take the Sukhumvit Road heading towards Bangkok as you pass the Bangkok Pattyaya hospital on your left, take the next 'U' turn and the market is then on your left hand side, just before mini Siam and McDonald's, I would say in passing that the stalls vary slightly every tine we go, I was hoping to see the stall that sells carnivorous plants and seeds but alas he was not there this time,

 next home to give the aquariums a water change, this is the one that takes the time,

 it seems like I am standing there fore ever waiting for it to fill up,

 where as this one with a drain and a tap beside it seems to take no time at all,

 one third of the water out,

 I do not normally change that much, but I had neglected the aquariums for a few weeks,

 at last this one refilled,

 I just hope the fish appreciate all of the effort!

 well they look happy enough,

 by now the other aquarium had filled, looking from the left,

 and right hand side,

 next stop the local market for some sweetcorn,

 for our bar-b-q night starter Diana made some sweetcorn and chicken soup,

 after that I lit the bar-b-q, I know I have mentioned this before, no matter where I stand the smoke always seems to follow me, 

 so I moved to the side and so did the smoke,

 so I used the fan,

  which seemed to do the trick,

for tonight KPK sausages, baked potato and onion bom-boms, we listen to music with the mini speaker that we had bought a few months ago and chatted the evening away, then indoors feet up for a couple of episodes of Bones then after midnight we were off to bed.

No comments: