Thursday 25 December 2014

I Was Up Early,

and off to the hospital for my bi-monthly check-up,


I was seen as soon as I walked in for blood pressure and weight, 140 over 70, 70 beats per minute weighing in at 76.4 kilogrammes, I then went to the waiting area to give a blood sample, but I did not have time to put my glasses on to read my book before I was called in, sample given and I was on my way to LK Metro for breakfast,


 I was in the corner of LK Metro so I took a couple of pictures of each side of the 'L' shaped Soi,

 and this is where I decided to eat, The Golf Club,

 and chose the English breakfast at 170 baht including tea (or coffee) and toast,

 another look along Soi LK Metro where I parked my bike,

 then back to the hospital, at this time in the morning Soi Bukoaw is fairly quiet,

in both directions, back to the waiting area in the hospital, a few minutes wait and I was in to see the doctor, the blood results were sugar 11mg/dl, or 6.6 mmol/l depending on which kit you use it appears that below 7.0 is fine, as a rough guide 1 mg/dl equals 0.01 grams per liter (g/L), if you wish to use it here is a conversion tableit appears that I had an average reading as the sugar should be 90-130 or below 7.0, and uric acid 3.5, uric acid between 2 and 7.5 mg/dL, is the accepted range, so it was all good new as far as I was concerned, we then had a chat about cactus and Venus fly traps as the doctor reads our blog,

 I made my way back home but stopped to look at this flower seller on Soi Bukaow,

 the flowers looked so bright in the sunlight,

this is where where I was headed Pattaya Pronutrition to buy some more protein powder, but it was closed, opening at 11.00 so I called home to pick up Diana and dropped her off at the beauty saloon, by now the shop was open so I called in,


I brought the old pack with me as I wanted to buy the same product, the good news was that on my previous visit and this one there was a sale on, 20% off, the bad news was that instead of being in 1 bag the same quantity was in 2 pots so instead of 4 kilos for 4,540 baht last time, the 2 pots this time came to 5,120 baht,

 if you want to visit the shop this is the view looking along Soi Bukaow towards Pattaya Tai outside of the shop,

 and the other way looking towards Patatya Central,

 arriving home I noticed a development in the 2 trays of tomato seeds I had planted,

 a few green shoots,

 in both trays, Diana's seeds of course have a week or so's head start, but at least we now both have some plants to look after, the race is on for the first/biggest crop!

going inside for a coffee I thought I would take a picture of the protein drink I use, 2 scoops into cold water after each mornings exercise, I know I will never be super fit or muscular, age amongst a number of factors precludes it, but it makes me feel a little better as after them I can barely move! 


 we watched a couple of shows on TMN in the afternoon, also one from the Bond box, The Man With The Golden Gun, set in Thailand it was interesting to watch, then we decided to go out for Christmas Eve,


 Diana had been to the beauty saloon for a haircut,


 this was the land mark for where we were going,


to Cherry's, it is on Third Road opposite what was once the site of the X-Cite disco,


a quick picture,


and we were inside, we decided on the set menu even though it was Wednesday and the International buffet was available, well it was Christmas Eve,

the table was candle lit for a romantic evening,

first course an amuse bouche,

'Cheers!', the first of many!

Diana looking as lovely as ever with her new hairstyle,

our next course,

a seafood terrain, 

which was followed by a baked red pepper and tomato soup with smoked salmon, alas I really do not like tomato soup, but it was not a problem as the restaurant was happy to substitute it with a lobster bisque,

duck and goose liver roulade was next,


served with a cranberry, apple and cherry compote, with a beetroot balsamic reduction,

well we had to take a break after all of that,

so an orange sorbet with curacao was next,

and what else but a Mai Tai,

one of the waiters said Hi as he delivered the main course,

there was a choice of turkey or lamb,

as we would be having turkey with Nick and Maureen tomorrow,


we decided on the lamb,

'Cheers!', another one,


the dessert was a duo of chocolate souffle and Christmas pudding,


with brandy sauce, vanilla ice cream and marinated strawberry's,

it, well the whole meal was delicious, we were so full we could not even drink a coffee, I quite like this idea about Christmas, I think we should have one every year, as some one once said,

a quick pose outside the restaurant and we were on our way home in a blue and yellow taxi, we then settled down to watch The Nightmare Before Christmas, but I have to admit before it was finished we were off to bed, Merry Christmas!


No comments: