Wednesday 2 January 2019

I Stumbled On These Paintings,

there is something about them that I just find so appealing,


 there are the work of oil painter Matthew Cornell,

 without figures, he’s able to create townscapes and scenes that feel wholly lived in, yet carry a particularly ghostly quality,

recent work show how streetlights and other sources offer a mysterious glow to the proceedings,

  “Landscapes at this hour are like ghosts that are unseen during the day, only to be revealed by the strange and myriad ways the night time glows,” he has said. “I spent a great deal of my childhood moving and this has greatly influenced my new work. I am searching for that elusive notion of where I come from and where I belong.”

 his paintings are miniatures, which makes them all the more amazing,

to see more of these delicate master pieces have  look here.


No comments: