Thursday 21 February 2019

Are You Gifted When It Comes To Making Leather Handbags?

if so here is a £3,000 ($3,900) commision for you, 


 it is quite simple really, above is the design, a couple of hours work should see it through, what could be simpler? 55 year old Joan says she has set aside this amount for the project, but adds that if it’s not enough, she can be flexible about the budget, what’s important is to find someone actually willing to make her dream come true, and her dream is?

look at Joan's sketch above, notice the bit marked 'My Skin', Joan from Manchester who suffers from peripheral arterial disease and will soon have her left leg surgically removed is looking for a manufacturer willing to make her a leather handbag from the skin of her amputated limb, “I know it is a bit odd and gross, and some might think I’m crazy, but it’s my leg and I can’t bare the thought of it being left to rot somewhere,” Joan wrote in her message to Sewport, “It’s part of me and I want to keep it, I know it’s gross, but people keep their baby’s umbilical chords and have relative’s ashes on display, so it’s not really that weird if you think about it.” Sewport is currently searching for manufacturers willing to help Joan with her unique request and are asking anyone who can help to email them at support@sewport.com, with the subject line “amputee handbag”, above illustrations from Sewport, it may seem strange, but so often watching shows about antiques we see brooches with loved ones hair inside, I guess the unease for many is just that a handbag is a bit bigger!


No comments: