Tuesday 12 February 2019

As Many Of Our Regular Readers Will Know,

I am jinxed when it comes to anything electrical,


 but first the day started out bright and crisp,

 as I walked through the park to the bus stop, a small patch of crocus looked like they would be putting on a good show in the next few days or weeks

 I caught the 227 to our dentist, the same crown that normally falls out had done it again, apparently it will do so again, a more permanent solution is needed, but for now it was re-glued in place, also an appointment was made for a few weeks time for a small filling to be made, so £59.00 to have the crown re-glued and three x-rays taken, and I was on my way home,

 I decided to walk home to the park by way of the back of the church, passing these small cottages on the way,

 the bell tower in the distance looking across the graveyard,

  almost clear blue skies,

arriving home in the afternoon all went well, until I picked up the remote control for the BT box, I could not change channel, I tried changing the old batteries with new ones, still the same, the on/off button worked but nothing else, so a call to BT, who were very quick to answer my call, apparently they can check these things over the telephone, how neat is that? and a result was soon found, the remote control was indeed faulty, a new one will be in the post and we should receive it tomorrow with a bag to return the faulty one, but with electrics why is it always me? the worry is of course this unit is only about 3 months old, so is this going to be an ongoing problem when the guarantee runs out?

after our evening meal it was feetup for a couple of films, firstly The Mummy, we had watched it before but it was such good fun we had to watch it again,

we followed that with one from Endeavour, always good to watch and enjoy, 

next another film Ghostbusters II, an easy to watch follow on from Ghostbusters I, we rounded off the evening with a couple from the Poirot box, this will be the only post today, as soon as I finish this it will be breakfast and out to the doctors surgery for the nurse to take a blood sample, then back in a few weeks for the results, after I leave the surgery I will be meeting Diana at the station, we have a days shopping planned, and with that we were off to bed.


No comments: