Sunday 19 May 2019

Apparently In Some Jails,

or detention centers,


food is distributed according to the religious beliefs of each inmate, taking advantage of this fact, led to an a Spanish inmate of Zaballa prison, in Spain’s Basque Country, to change his religion, in a letter addressed to the director of the prison the unnamed prisoner declares himself a disciple of Bachus, the Roman god of wine, and asks that he be provided with a glass of wine for every meal, so he can properly worship his deity, “I request that my religious right be respected as well,” the man wrote in a letter obtained by Publico, “I hereby inform the administration that I am a disciple of the god Bacchus (the god of wine). For this reason I request that I be provided with a glass of wine for my daily meals in order to comply with the norms of my religion. Thanks a lot!” a great try, but, his argument doesn’t take into consideration a crucial aspect – alcohol and narcotic consumption is strictly prohibited in Spanish prisons, regardless of inmates religious beliefs, even for their special New Year’s Eve dinner, prisoners are only offered non-alcoholic beer, a good try, but failed at the first fence!


No comments: