Tuesday 28 April 2020

How Trigonometry Can Kill You,

or if you understand it, save your life, 


this road junction in the middle of nowhere is at Ipley Cross, in the New Forest, Hampshire, England, and is considered to be one of the most dangerous junctions for bicycle riders in Britain, with a couple of crashes every year, and sadly two cyclists have died there in the past few years in nearly-identical crashes, so why are they happening? Tom Scott explains in the above video why the trigonometry of this crossing causes, and will continue to cause, more accidents every year, a fascinating video.


2 comments:

John S said...

Glad you enjoy Aussie Gold Hunters, it's one of my favourite shows. If I was a bit younger I'd have a stab at it myself. Also enjoy "Outback Opal Hunters", although that looks a bit like hard work.
Take care
John

PattayaStan said...

Dear John S, I have to say I feel the same, if only I was younger I could really imagine me picking up a metal detector and finding 'The Big One!', as it happens we also watch Outback Opal Hunters, all of them have a 'it could be me', feel about them, if only! best regards, Stan and Diana.