Sunday 12 April 2020

I Have Seen Some Strange Musical Instruments Before,

and this is the most way out one of all,



the machine above is called “THE PLANTYFLUTESIZER”, Bichopalo is an artist based in Valencia, Spain, and states that this is still a work in progress, "I can’t really tell how many hours, days and months I've spent working on this. The entire structure is a combination of different instruments but the main one is a sort of sequencer with 8 notes limit that can be combinated on different patterns. An electric impulse actives a motor with an arm connected that hits a sensor running a pre-recorded note, there’s a lot to speak about this but on this particular post the real rockstars are my little partners: Pico and Verdi, this two little fellas have been with me from a while, making me laught and giving me incredible presents every single day," what a fantastical instrument or is it a work of art? you can see more of Bichopalo's work at Instagram, at the beginning of the post I mentioned strange looking instruments,

this was the one I had in mind, the Wintergatan band of folktronica musicians/inventors brought us this instrument, we made a post about it back in May last year, and strange it was too!


No comments: