Sunday 30 August 2020

A Sign Of The Times In Pattaya,

one of our friends sent us this photograph,


regular readers of our blog may remember that the Robins Nest was one of our Sunday roast restaurants we visited, when we lived in Thailand, a shame that it had to close, but hopefully when the tourist start to return things will be back to normal, having said that so many eateries in the UK are also suffering, I hope for all of them things improve, quickly,

I had an early morning visitor,

who made a couple of calls for the peanuts, I was going to pop out for a walk in the park, but it look like it was going to rain at the drop of a hat, so it was feet up for me, during the afternoon I watched a couple of films,

 firstly Upgrade, which I really enjoyed, basically after an accident, Grey, the main character was left a quadriplegic, but he is offered a chip that will restore and improve his body, which looking at this yesterday may not be so far away! 

I followed that with Freaks (2018), the film was in the same vein as the X-Men series, some humans have special abilities and have to hide from the normal population, another enjoyable movie to watch, I put the date as the film has the same title as one from my B&W collection,

Tod Browning's Freaks (1932),

the cast of the original Freaks, as an aside the original preview version of "Freaks" allegedly ran 90 minutes. After a disastrous reaction from the audience, MGM executive Irving Thalberg deemed the film "too horrific" and had it cut to its present length of 64 minutes, the cut footage is not known to exist,

in the evening time for my pre-meal sherry,

for my evening meal some manchego and scamorza cheese, cold cuts of Serrano, speck, chorizi, salami Napoli, along with gherkins, silver skin onions, walnuts, biscuits and a slice of nutty sour dough bread,

delicious!

'Cheers!', Diana arrived home just after 9.30, so feet up for a coffee and a chat, we watched one from Midsome Murder, next for us we were off to bed.


No comments: