Friday 14 August 2020

First Thing,

a sausage roll or two for the fox,


both of which were soon eaten,

much to the disappointment of one of the cubs,

so a handful of peanuts soon had them both enjoying a snack, during the day Steve called round, after he left I telephoned Duncan, and one of the staff at the nursing home he is in, the good news is that Duncan is now allowed visitors, I also next had a long chat to Rainham Steve, Beckenham Steve and Alan, we have a plan, next week we will all pop down to see Duncan, next, now that we have Diana's work schedule for next week, I called the driving school to book a 2 hour lesson on Monday morning, my telephone was red hot!

as Diana was at work it was eat alone for myself, so a prawn cocktail starter,

and a read, as well as listening to music,

for my main course a Melton Mowbray pork pie, well half of one, 

and a scotch egg,with silver skin onions and gherkins, delicious!

 'Cheers!', but with soda water, I do not normally drink alcohol on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, meal finished I sat back and listen to all of the several CDs I have of Chet BakerAKA the "prince of cool", if you have time click onto the link where you can listen to a few of his songs, so nice to listen to, from the article,

"Three decades after his death, the world’s fascination with Chet Baker is as strong as ever. When he was at his best, the music he made with his horn was pure poetry, and that’s why it continues to resonate with listeners, both young and old, today"

am amazing musician, and what a sad ending to his career, just before 10.00 Diana called, and I was out to the bus stop, home feet up for a coffee, a New Tricks, a Silent Wittiness and we were off to bed.


No comments: