Friday 21 January 2022

The Day Started Out So Bright And Sunny,

but by the time I left home,


and Diana had left for work it had started to cloud over,

I took the number 54 bus to the shop, I needed some RO water, as it happens the bus stops outside of this shop, so I just had to go in and have a look around, what a treasure trove of things of yesteryear,

into Kingfisheries in Croydon Road for the water,

whilst there I had a look at some of the new aquariums on display,

some huge,

others of a more modest size,

this one,

with a WWII wreck for decoration,

in this one a display of artificial plants, for a more traditional look, arriving home I watched a few WWI documentaries in the afternoon, after Diana arrived home in the evening we settled down to watch a film,

RockNRolla, a London gangster movie with the antagonist a Russian mob, who are not content to let the London underworld off lightly for a transgression, if you like Guy Ritchie movies, which we do, this is another good one, I mentioned a couple of days ago I copied some CDs to my telephone and listened to them as I am typing the blog, or in the evenings as I have having a read and a sherry, so many wonderful old favorites, and indeed many I have not of heard before,

 like this one, by Canned Heat - Parthenogenesis ( Part 1 ), just one of the many stiles of music I like so much, back to the evening, after the film we watched one from Endeavor, followed by a New Tricks before we were off to bed.


2 comments:

jpo5626 said...

Stan &Diana-your Canned Heat clip sure brought back a lot of memories….wow..and to think we all were part of the huge attitude change of the 1960s…another golden era by the wayside but the music of that time immediately moves you back in time to those great moments, times and people. Thanks for reviving a great set of memories!!
John and Alley

PattayaStan said...

Dear John and Alley, I am afraid we will never see those great times again, but it is fun listening to many tracks which at the time I did not hear, as I did not buy many of the albums that the hits came from, but now I making up for lost time! best regards, Stan and Diana.