Saturday 6 November 2010

Just Finished The Blog,

then a power failure, so I thought that would be it till the truck and crew from the electricity supply company arrives, talk about quick, by the time I had switched off the computer from battery power stand by they were outside! then I found out it was a routine maintenance call to the transformer in the street outside,
next stop the electric/hardware store opposite the temporary market,
if they do not sell it here you do not want it! another bulb had blown in the lounge, I had my 50 baht counted out and ready, but the owners wife said 40 baht, must remember not to be served by the owner, double pricing? I guess so, then to the Friday night market, I at first thought this was a left over Halloween mask, but I guess it is for the biking fraternity,
the last of the food stalls doing the rounds,
we arrived at the normal time but for some reason this week all of the stalls had set up early,
except this one!
drinks and peanuts on this food/drink mobile stall,
opposite the bar a stand selling Toyota's, I wonder how many people go to a dime a dozen market and sign up for a 600,000 baht car? a few I suppose or they would not be here,
the sun is just going down, still not many people here,
this is the start of the pet section, on the right a puppy stall,
one of the stalls selling preserved fruits,
now it is getting colder both here and in the UK, thinking that I noticed these little numbers, for the kids, in blue
and red,
a few people sitting at the bar already this week, the guys there like me waiting for their other halves to finish shopping,
Diana arrived back with fresh pomelos, mangoes and pomegranates, to snack on in the evenings,
also at the market this week was Sai Jai, still hale and hearty, making hand made hats,
then home and Diana starts to prepare our evening meal,
we decided to have a romantic candle lit dinner,
the choice for starters was giant green New Zealand mussels or scallops wrapped in bacon, I could not make up my mind, so it was three of each,
delicious!
followed by fish and chips, 'Cheers!'
I wonder if the fish opposite the table know what we are doing? eating one of their cousins!
we then had a couple of games of Monopoly and rounded off the evening by watching The Incredible Shrinking Man, made in 1957 I did not think Diana would like it as it was filmed in black and white, but she was fascinated by it, Scott Carey finds that he has begun to shrink, first just a few inches, so that his clothes no longer fit, then a little more, soon he is only three feet tall, and a national curiosity, at six inches tall he can only live in a doll's house, it all sounds a bit lame, but a movie head and shoulders above the rest when it was released, then off to bed.

No comments: