Monday 22 November 2010

I Have Mentioned A Few Times That I Collect Stamps,

whilst looking for the background for a few I came across this little gem of a book,
published in 1854 and within its 384 pages are some fascinating if downright highly dangerous and life threatening things to do, the book is called The Young Man's Book of Amusements, I have not read many of the things to do, I will do so later today, but I did take a shine to this one, how to make an artificial volcano,
I could just imagine my neighbours looking at this happening without any warning! the fiery fountain also has a sort of charm about it,
strangely enough the author actually gives a warning about this one, I shall keep this book filed under 'things to do when I am really bored or fancy ending it all!'

1 comment:

Mike said...

off topic, the place I mentioned that our friend was now living at is VENICE Florida. Or that was the last part of his journey home so assume it is home.