Friday 5 November 2010

First Thing And Down To The Bank,

this time the one on Beach Road, considering it was still morning Beach Road was super busy, road works are still taking their toll, in the afternoon it was feet up for a couple of DVD's the first was The Quick and the Dead, we had seen it before, the second showing merely confirming my impressions of watching it the first time, never let the PC brigade near a Western or let a lady take one of the lead roles in one, take those two things out of The Quick and the Dead and it is a pretty good movie, but with them in - dire! we had already seen Predator, so now it was time to see Predator 2, an alien hunter stalks the citizens of Los Angeles, time to call in veteran LAPD officer, Lieutenant Mike Harrigan, good special effects with a totally unbelievable story line, I liked it!
then for our evening out, we had decided to go to the Malibu bar now that it had relocated back to it's old location,
we arrived a little bit early so we went for a walk around, lots of mobile stalls selling cuddly toys in Second Road,
then we popped into see Graham in The Wild Chicken, we had not had a chat for ages,
'Cheers!' from both of us, his bar is in Soi Post Office just opposite the Malibu Bar,
no sooner had we sat down than we started talking about bikes, I mentioned before I would put a few pictures of my old Vincent on the blog, but then could not find the photos, but looking for something totally different I found them, above a side view of my 1949 series 'B' Rapide but with Girdraulic, not Brampton girder front forks that were standard at the time,
the other side,
KLU 459 where are you now? I sold the bike several years ago, living in Thailand I hardly ever rode it when I was back in the UK,
another old picture of me on the Vin,
this was one of the many Vincent Owners Club meetings I went to, here receiving a prize for being on a series 'B' celebrating the start of 'B' production all those years ago, my bike was 51 years old, I was 50, did not have much hair then either!
by now it was time to say goodbye to Graham, then it was off to the show,
in case you are wondering it is a cabaret show,
with 'ahem!' ladies singing to popular songs,
we had decided to eat there, although I must confess although the food is nice, if not for the show we would have eaten else where,
but it was the show we had come to see,
lots of fancy costumes,
and all dancing keeping perfect time with the music,
except when it stopped!
then more costume changes and a couple of go-go boys for Diana to look at!
a really fancy number,
the full troop of performers, in the past when we have visited there have been as many as 10 or 12 artists, but as it is the low season I guess some have been laid off,
but a good show, meanwhile the food was quite nice, we started with a tray of hot cashew nuts, Diana had chicken and vegetables with rice, I had a fillet steak,
then a 'half and half' number, much to the delight of the crowd,
followed by a go-go number,
another quick change for some costumes,
then a treat for Diana a boy go-go number,
by now Diana was laughing so much, it was one of those 'you have to be there' sort of things,
then the star of the show, Tina Turner makes her appearance,
singing her heart out, what a performer!
after 4 Tina numbers Diana literally had tears of laughter running down her face, it really was so funny,
a rumble in the jungle,
followed by a comedy act, all in all it was a huge laugh of an evening, not every ones cup of tea but it was right for us, the cost of the evening came to 1,075 baht, the drinks we had were water and a fresh coconut for Diana, with 3 glasses of red wine for me, there was no charge for the show, it may not seem it but for me great value for money, to keep the price down of course just have a beer and make it last! but before we left I had reckoned on the bill being 1,000 baht so just 75 out!
then home to a favorite of mine, The Prisoner, a TV series from 1967, I loved it at the time and jumped at the opportunity to buy all 17 episodes on DVD, the story is that after resigning, a secret agent is abducted and taken to what looks like an idyllic village, but is really a bizarre prison, his warders demand information, he gives them nothing, but only tries to escape, it develpoed into having almost a cult following in the UK, I am not sure about elsewhere, for me I am looking forward to the next episode, the first Arrival, sets the scene for the series, unfortunatly I think I will be watching these on my own, Diana did not like it one bit! then off to bed.

No comments: