Tuesday 28 February 2012

Once Again There Was A Nice Show From One Of The Pots

at the front of the house,


 about 6 amaryllis flower stems had decided to open,

 and a nice salmon pink they were too,

 both Mr. Tony and Mark called round during the day, then in the afternoon we were off to the market to buy some fresh fruit,

 whilst Diana was shopping I had a look around some of the other stalls like this one,

 selling fish, 2 in a basket for 10 baht,

 one of the butchers stalls, this one for pork,

 and of course rice, there are so many different kinds,

 not to mention vegetables,

I had not seen one of these stalls before, the owner has four omelets on the go at the same time,

 whilst I have seen many bar-b-qs with fish slowly turning on them,

I can not recall seeing one this large, but shopping over back to 388 for our evening meal, scallops wrapped in bacon followed by peppered chicken with broccoli, carrots and baked potatoes,

then feet up for a few DVDs, I must admit when I bought this BluRay, Frozen Planet it was because it was a documentary, having seen others from the BBC I was hopping that although I did not think the subject would be that interesting the scenery would make up for basically just snow and ice, but I was so wrong, firstly the images are nothing short of stunning, where I thought the content would be pretty much snow and ice I was completely 100% wrong, the content was so good we watched all of the first disc, all 3 programmes on it plus the making of each one, I am just hoping the other two discs are as good,

I Am Legend we had watched before, but the special effects were so good we decided to try it out on the new system, even though we knew what was coming next the surround sound made us both jump time and again, basically Robert Neville is a scientist who was unable to stop the spread of the terrible virus that was incurable and man-made, immune, Neville is now the last human survivor in what is left of New York City and perhaps the world, but what also survived were flesh eating zombies, he has to find a way to cure them,

for our nightcap New Tricks, this episode The Gentleman Vanishes, a prominent scientist working on cold fusion disappears while on a train to Paris, witnesses are traced and the previous investigating officer is interviewed, so where did the scientist go? with that we were off to bed.

No comments: