Sunday 2 December 2012

I Would Not Call This Piece Of Pottery Cute,

but someone must love it,


the piece was made by British pottery manufacturers the Martin Brothers at the turn of the 20th century, it appears that their work is highly sort after, Michael Jeffery, head of 20th century design at auctioneers Woolley and Wallis of Salisbury, Wilts, said: ‘the market is strong for this type of art at the moment which is reflected in the world record sum,’ and the world record sum? the piece went for £50,000 but with all the fees added on the total price paid for the ornament was £66,000, I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to thank you for the efforts you've put in penning this website. I'm hoping to check out the same high-grade
content from you later on as well. In fact, your creative writing abilities has
motivated me to get my own, personal website now ;)
Also see my website :: Free Annual Credit Report