Sunday 16 August 2015

The Day Started With A Surprise For Diana,

a heavy parcel has arrived from the UK for her,


 Diana had no idea what it was,

 but I remembered how much she had enjoyed watching Gino D'Acampo,

 when he presented his cooking show on television,

 so I ordered the three books that featured his recipes,

and Hey Pronto! here they were,

 and for myself a change of watch, I had been wearing this one for the past two weeks,

 so it was time for a change, so this is it for the next couple of weeks, I am not sure what the translation is, but as you can guess it is from Russia,

 the day flew past for some reason, we did not seem to do anything but all of a sudden it was barby time,

 so on with the flames,

 that took remarkably quickly today,

 we had a real treat today whilst at Makro we noticed some scallops in their shells, so we bought a couple of packs at 159 baht a pack with enough for two or maybe three evenings worth of them in each pack,

 we also when in Friendship bought a couple of slices of Black Angus steak which was a tad expensive, the slice was about one and a quarter inches thick and came in at just over 300 baht each slice,

 so it was on with the potato and onions and later the mushrooms,

 but first a few slices of garlic bread, 'Cheers!',

 then the scallops which Diana had served in their shells with a topping of finely cut garlic fried bacon, they were delicious,

 next on with the steak,

 then time to serve,

 the steak looked and was full of flavour and so tender, we do not normally buy steak for the bar-b-q as sometimes it can be a bit chewy, but not so this one, well worth paying a little extra for,

to round off the evening a little more extravagance, some chocolate from Ocelot,

all the way from their shop in Edinburgh, Scotland, but here is the good news, it is now being stocked by Hello Chocolate www.hellochocolate.asia in Robinsons Department Stores, Singapore www.robinsons.com.sg but check that they have the items you want in stock before calling in, here is a full list of their stockists, this is one thing we cannot buy from the UK as it is bound to melt somewhere along the journey, I nearly forgot for tonight we had the Piura Porcelana, which we both agreed was the smoothest we had eaten so far,

for our musical entertainment this evening we were Squeezed out by Squeeze, my favourite song from them?, Up the Junction, the music great, the words superb and it is easy to sing along with,

I never thought it would happen
With me and the girl from Clapham
Out on the windy common
That night I ain't forgotten
When she dealt out the rations
With some or other passions
I said "you are a lady"
"Perhaps" she said. "I may be"

We moved in to a basement
With thoughts of our engagement
We stayed in by the telly
Although the room was smelly
We spent our time just kissing
The Railway Arms we're missing
But love had got us hooked up
And all our time it took up

I got a job with Stanley
He said I'd come in handy
And started me on Monday
So I had a bath on Sunday
I worked eleven hours
And bought the girl some flowers
She said she'd seen a doctor
And nothing now could stop her

I worked all through the winter
The weather brass and bitter
I put away a tenner
Each week to make her better
And when the time was ready
We had to sell the telly
Late evenings by the fire
With little kicks inside her

This morning at four fifty
I took her rather nifty
Down to an incubator
Where thirty minutes later
She gave birth to a daughter
Within a year a walker
She looked just like her mother
If there could be another

And now she's two years older
Her mother's with a soldier
She left me when my drinking
Became a proper stinging
The devil came and took me
From bar to street to bookie
No more nights by the telly
No more nights nappies smelling

Alone here in the kitchen
I feel there's something missing
I'd beg for some forgiveness
But begging's not my business
And she won't write a letter
Although I always tell her
And so it's my assumption
I'm really up the junction

and Diana's favourite Squeeze song? 

Labelled with Love, again great laid back music and terrific words,


She unscrews the top of her new whiskey bottle,
And shuffles about in her candle-lit hovel.
Like some kind of witch, with blue fingers in mittens,
She smells like a cat and the neighbours she sickens.
Her black and white TV has long seen a picture,
The cross on the wall is a permanent fixture.
The postman delivers the final reminders;
She sells off her silver and poodles in china.

[Chorus]
Drinks to remember; I me and myself
And winds up the clock and knocks dust from the shelf.
Home is a love that I miss very much,
But the past has been bottled and labelled with love.

During the wartime an American pilot
Made every air-raid a time of excitement.
She moved to his prairie and married the Texan.
She learned from a distance how love was a lesson.
He became drinker and she became mother
She knew that one day she'd be one or the other.
He ate himself older, drunk himself dizzy
Proud of her features she kept herself pretty.

[Chorus]
Drinks to remember; I me and myself
Winds up the clock and knocks dust from the shelf.
Home is a love that I miss very much
So the past has been bottled and labelled with love.

He like a cowboy died drunk in a slumber
Out on the porch in the middle of summer
She crossed the ocean back home to her family
But they had retired to roads that were sandy.
She moved home alone without friends or relations
Lived in a world full of age reservations.
On moth-eaten armchairs she'd say that she'd sod-all
The friends who had left her to drink from the bottle

[Chorus]
Drinks to remember; I me and myself
And winds up the clock and knocks dust from the shelf.
Home is a love that I miss very much
So the past has been bottled and labelled with love.

to round off the evening a sci-fi Cowboys and Aliens and with that we were off to bed.


No comments: