Wednesday 19 August 2015

It Does Not Seem Like 90 Days Ago,

we were doing our 90 day immigration check-in,


but it was, so here we are again,

 in sunny Soi 5 Jomtien,

 the good news is that the procedure is now computerised so in as much time as it takes to write this we were in, out and on our way,

 to the Surf Kitchen,

 on Jomtien Beach Road,

 looking out to sea nice clear blue skies,


 a club sandwich for Diana,

 a prawn salad for myself,

 next stop the rear of TukCom,

 Diana went to the market for some shopping, whilst I popped in for a 32 whatever it is memory card, we have a few holidays coming up and I did not want to run out of memory whilst on one of them,

 Pattaya Tai quiet due in some respect for the now
no right or left turn into Soi Bukaow on market days,

 meaning that Soi Bukaow itself was almost free of cars,

 as I made my way to the beginning of the market I almost literally bumped into this happy piggy bank seller,

 time to cross the road and enter the market,

 pomegranates appear to be in season,

 plus of course there are the usual stalls, this one selling cosmetics,

 the self service fish stall,

 this one selling cute toys that I guess are key rings,

 and a strange one selling feathered headgear,

 in the middle entrance to the market I found the stall I was looking for, the lady selling cherries, we enjoyed them so much a week or so ago I thought I would buy some more,

 I continued through the market, a size or two too small for Diana,

 but these were just right,

 which one to buy for Diana?

 by now I was at the pet, 

 and plant section, but nothing took my interest,

 so back across Pattaya Tai, past the new extension to Friendship,

 the middle entrance to the market opposite Friendship where the cherry seller is,

 and past Friendship itself,

 the site being cleared near to Friendship,

 is being made larger as more property is demolished at the back of it,

 I made my way to the bike,

where I meet up with Diana, a couple of ice coffees to go and we were home, in the afternoon Alex called by, also we watched an episode of The Chase we had not seen before,

after our evening meal Barry called round for a chat and a medicinal wine, we said our farewells and put on Special, a sort of comedy, an unremarkable man enrols on a course of trial antidepressants, the tablets have a unforeseen side effect on him, in his mind he becomes a superhero, but is it all in his mind or does he truly become gifted with superpowers?

we finished the evening with one more from the excellent series Foyle's War, this one titled War Games, with that we were off to bed.


No comments: