Friday 18 December 2015

The Taxi Arrived On Time,

so I was off,


 and heading out of Pattaya,

and about an hour later arrived at the Central Plaza in Chonburi,

 and found my way to the Big Camera store, where sure enough they had the one I was after, the Panasonic Lumix FZ 300

 and this was the sales assistant that completed the purchase for me, I also purchased a extended year warranty, with the previous one that I have lasting just 1 year and 1 month before major repairs were needed it seemed for 1,300 baht or so a good option,

there were a few freebies with the deal, a Lumix camera bag and two Lens Pens to clean, you guessed it, lenses,

 reading through the literature that came with the camera it appears that to fully exploit the cameras 4K capabilities a fast memory card is needed, not only fast with a speed of 10 for Full HD Video Recording HD Still Image Continuous Shooting, but the card should also be a UHS Speed Class 3 for 4K2K Video Recording, I had read this piece on Wikipedia, which help a little and confused me a lot but in any event off to Tukcom I went,

 with a few holidays coming up I bought 2 cards,

it appears that you should look for the number 10 in the 'C' and the number 3 in the 'U', to get the best out of a 4K camera, this is the legend at the top of the card packs, I spent most of the rest of the evening playing with the camera, but then took a break to watch 3 more episodes of Time Team back to back and with that I was off to bed.


No comments: