Sunday 10 April 2016

I Like Most People,

always give wasps a wide berth,


 the ones here in Thailand have a particularly painful sting as I found to my cost when one stung me at the top of my back, making me look like a lopsided Quasimodo for a few days, moving on, biology student Mattia Menchetti realized he could give colored construction paper to a colony of European paper wasps,

 and let them produce a technicolor colony,

by gradually providing different paper shades, the wasps turned their homes into a functional rainbow of different colors, this isn’t the first time bees have used artificial coloring, by gradually providing different paper shades, the wasps turned their homes into a functional rainbow of different colors, this isn’t the first time bees or wasps have used artificial coloring, another incident involving bees and the dye used in Maraschino cherries occurred recently in New York, if you have time for a coffee have look here, it is a fascinating although ultimately tragic read.


No comments: