Thursday 24 October 2019

Off To Maidstone,

to meet up with Duncan and Steve,


 on my way I stopped to look at the fungi growing out of the bottom of the tree,

it was not looking good,

 in fact it was looking really bad,  

 to the station where the ticket office was closed, so I used my Freedom Card to get me to Bromley and bought a ticket for Swanley to Maidstone as I receive free travel to Swanley,

 arriving at Maidstone a wait for a taxi opposite what I think is the town hall,

 we meet in the public house near Duncan's home, but alas no chef, so off to the Spice Hut,

opposite the Party Pod,

 'Cheers!', from Duncan,

 and Steve,

prawn cocktail for Duncan,

 chicken tandoori for Steve and two kebabas for myself, 

 onto our mains a chicken biryani for Steve,

 for us all to tuck into a selection of prawn and chicken dishes with aloo gobi and rice, delicious! after chatting the afternoon away I made a move for home,

 over the railway racks, 

 to Foxgrove Lodge,

 where the dahlias.

 were putting on a good show,

 I am always amazed as I walk past the garden, the amount of time and trouble the owners take in their garden,

not many leaves on the tree now, just after I arrived home so did Diana, so time for our evening meal,

 then Kong Skull Island, followed by a Poirot and a New Tricks, and we were off to bed.


No comments: