Tuesday 29 October 2019

Another Bright, Sunny Day,

we walked through the park to the bus stop,


 I was going to accompany Diana,

 on her way to work,

 as the Christmas crackers we had ordered from Lakeland had arrived,

 I made my way past what was once a huge pubic house, the Royal Bell, with a large upstairs restaurant, now empty, next stop for myself, on to a bus for the journey downhill,

to Homebase, whilst here on Saturday, we noticed some of these,

 orchids, we had decided to replace the cyclamen on the windowsill, with some orchids, whilst there I had a nice chat with one of the ladies about orchids, and how much more expensive they were in of all places Thailand,  

 a very careful walk home, I did not want to break any of the flower stems, considering it was a cold Monday morning, the car park was remarkably full,

 the good news, no cars parking on the pavement, so no walk in the mud for pedestrians,

 rather a dramatic sky I thought, as I passed the mansion,

 and here they were, 

 safe and sound, a yellow,

 pink,

 white and red,

 and lastly a red and white, 

 all looking nice in their new home, 

 toot sweet, 

 on the other windowsill a couple of weeks ago I removed all four of the flower stems, they had just a few flowers on long stems that did not look very nice,

 well in just those couple of weeks this flower stem appeared,

 so hopefully we will have a nice show again in a month or so's time, then I was out again to start Christmas shopping, but do not tell Diana, or I will have months of 'what's in the box? what's in the box?',
arriving home after my evening meal I watched a few from the Poirot box, Diana had been asked to work for a few extra hours, so it was not until midnight approached that she called, so out of the park to the bus stop to walk her home, so feet up, a chat, a coffee, almond macaroon and we were off to bed.


No comments: