Friday 4 October 2019

Three Posts Today,

two to catch up,


one from yesterday, one from the day before, Wednesday, and the third a request from Jill, regarding the comparison between a normal photograph and a infrared one, so here goes, I was up at 05.00AM, an hour earlier than normal, and on the road at 05.25, I wanted it try and beat the snarl-up at the Blackwall tunnel, and did, sort of, it still took some time as even then the traffic was backed up, the reason for the early start was that the car had a factory recall, something about an issue with emissions, I was early, so I watched the sun come up,

 at the service centre, the Grange Garage Woodford, as it happened in the week we had returned from our trip to the Orkneys, 2 warning lights appeared on the dashboard, one for AdBlue, the warning said I had 1,500 miles in which to top it up, and one for the windscreen washer, which informed me the liquid was getting low, I mentioned this when I booked the car and was told it was £30.00 to top them both up, the recall was free,

car booked in and I was into the local cafe for breakfast, tea and a bacon sandwich, I then ordered a coffee, all which came to just £2.80 apparently the coffee was complimentary, which was nice, the bill should have been £3.80,

arriving back after a read of a book I brought with me, the car was ready, on the left Warren who booked the car in and next to him Saleha who handed over the keys when the recall work was completed, both of whom were so nice, we chatted away about driving, and our latest holiday up north, also we went straight to the car, I had not paid for the AdBlue and washer  top ups, also the car looked as good as new as it had been completely valeted from top to bottom, and here is the thing, no charge! Grange Garage what a great way to treat your customers and what great ambassadors you have for your operation, I am looking forward to returning in February for the cars annual service, the ride back was so easy, although I left early there was a bit of a hold up going north, but no problem at all on the return, arriving back Diana had not yet left for work, so we had a coffee, cake and a chat, after she left Steve called round and we chatted the afternoon away, in the evening I played with an infrared image which I have posted in the third post of today, then as midnight approached off to the bus stop to pickup Diana, home for coffee and biscuits, one from Peaky Blinders and we were off to bed.


No comments: