Wednesday 23 October 2019

Today I Returned To Fulham Palace Park,

I was here last week, but the infrared camera had a hissy fit, 


 and I did not know how to correct it, but a telephone call and a trip to Protech Photographic and all was well,

  so here I am back again, along the embankment, and through the graveyard by the church,

 towards the greenhouse,

 which was large,

 but with little growing inside,

  under the entrance/exit to the walled garden, there is a sign there that says, 'caution Tudor doorway keep low', well I read it, and as I ducked in, I left the duck a nanosecond too late, they were very short people in those days,

 there were a number of buildings in Fulham Palace Gardens, all with free admission,

 and a number of cottages,

 and gate houses like these,

  within the grounds,

 there are lots of huge trees, the site has a long history dating back some 6,000 years!

 walk over I made my way back along the embankment,

 passing this large house facing the Thames within the garden,

 I made my way through the park,

retracing my steps of last week, then a tube and a train and I was home waiting for Diana to finish work,


after Diana arrived home and our evening meal we watched The 12th Man, based on a true story of the betrayal of a group of 12 saboteurs, one for whom escaped before his 11 accomplices were murder by the Nazis, the film traces his journey to eventual freedom battling all that his enemies and the weather can throw at him, a truly fascinating film about one mans courage, and determination by the Germans to find him, well worth watching,  


we rounded off the evening with a couple from The Frankenstein Chronicles, which we had watched a long time ago, and with the end of those we were off to bed.


No comments: