Wednesday 22 July 2020

When Ever I Hear About Mars,

I always think of the book I read as a kid, and often through my life,

 by H.G. Wells, the War of the Worlds, I have read the book more than several times over the past 60 years or so, and watched the movies, but I never thought I would see the planet in stunning 4K, but here it is,

a new compilation was captured by Mars rovers as they make their way through the rocky, sandy terrain,

the rovers explore the wide-open plains and candy-colored stretches of the Martian landscape, as the narrator notes, getting actual footage of Mars currently is impossible, as even the most technologically advanced rovers like Curiosity still are limited to extremely slow data-transmission speeds back to Earth, the video above is a 2 mug of coffee viewing, 

above is an amazing 1.8 billion pixel panorama taken by Curiosity, you can watch the full compilation on YouTube, I wonder what H. G. would make of it all!


No comments: