Saturday 11 July 2020

First Thing As I Started The Blog,

one of the foxes arrived,


  with just one of the cubs,

 who enjoyed crunching on the peanuts, 

 Diana was at work, for myself I had a shopping list, so first stop into the car park at Lidl, shopping there completed,

 I started to walk along to Sainsbury's,

 past what was once the Three Tuns public house,

 the High Street was almost deserted of people,

 but there were plenty of cars,

 into Sainsbury's, for the one thing that in Beckenham, as far as we can say they sell, and no one else, saveloy sausages, which are a favorite of Diana's, well I quite like them as well, but no luck, the delicatessen in the store that sells them was still not open, so that was that, back to the car, seat belt on, I was just about to start the car when crunch, it happened, a car had driven into the front passenger side of my parked car, and then reversed away, I got out and this is what I saw,

I dreaded to look at my car, as it happened all that the car suffered was a slightly scratched bit of paintwork, 

 the lady was so upset, but as I said no one was injured, it was just one of those things, we exchanged details and off I went, in the afternoon her insurance company assessors called, if I waited till the end of next week I could have a loan car, or they could pick my car up from home, repair it and deliver it back when the work was done, I chose that, so next Tuesday the car will be picked up, I thought it was going to be a big problem, but it could not have been easier,

 as pubs and bars are now open I had arranged to meet up with Steve for our Friday night drink,

 so we walked the The George in the High Street,

 inside was full so we sat outside which, was also pretty crowded within the rules of social distancing,

 I took these as we were the last ones to leave,

 yes pubs are now open!

 we made our way home past the church,

I said farewell to Steve at the park entrance and made my way home, by now Diana was back so we watched one from New Tricks and one from Silent Witness, next for us we were then off to bed.


No comments: