Sunday 5 July 2020

I Had A Lazy Day,

the weather was dull and overcast,


not to mention that it was blowing a gale, so feet up for two wonderful films, both delights, firstly La Gloire de Mon Père, (My Father's Glory), the story follows a family at the turn of the century in rural France, the story was published in France in 1957, it is the first volume of four autobiographical novels by Marcel Pagnol, the second volume, 'Le château de ma mere', was published in 1958, two novels were translated into English and published by Doubleday (in the U.S) as a single book in 1960 under the title 'The Days Were Too Short', I followed that with the sequel Le Château de ma mère, both in French but with English sub-titles, two wonderful films about family life in the early 1900s beautifully filmed and scripted, a real 'must see' if you have not already done so, next for me, give the orchids some fertilizer, clean the windows and remove the algae from the aquarium, late in the afternoon Steve called round so we had a coffee and a chat, after saying farewell,

it was then time for my evening meal,  

 many thanks to Steve and Kai for the salad to go with my salmon rolls,

 'Cheers!',

the banoffee pie was so nice, as were the raspberries last night, that I had to have them again, not sure how I am going to explain to Diana how I ate all of the pie, but there it is! I listened to music until 9.45 when Diana called, so off to the bus stop and our walk home, as it was still early for us we put on a 2 hour special of Silent Witness which took us to well past midnight, then for us we were off to bed.


No comments: