Saturday 1 August 2020

Today We Were Out Early,

to go plum picking,


and here we were, at Chegworth Valley, Water Lane Farm, Chegworth, ME17 1DE Maidstone, 01622 859272, their main web site is here, just a quick thing, Blogger, the program that I use for our blog page, has made the decision to change the interface, this is the first time I have successfully used it, I have tried it a few times before, and could not upload photographs, now I can, but so far have not found a way of resizing the pictures, in the old version photographs were uploaded in medium size, and I could then decide by two clicks on the photograph to make them bigger, most of the photographs I keep as normal size, just a few being made bigger, now all of the photographs are uploaded in large size, the type sizes also seem to be a bit strange, this is all in large, this is normal, is the 'new' normal big enough? I am not sure which size to use, also I try to remember to make links in blue, but for some reason sometimes I can not do that as above, the link to the farms main page, I can see no reason for the change, if it is not broken why fix it?

back to the farm, 

what a crop!

all ripe for the taking,

we started eating, Oops! I mean picking them,

it was a glorious day,

and naturally I was dressed for it,

note to self, must remember to bring a hat next time! I am running out of sunburn cream for my bald bit on top!

no such problems for Diana,

there were so many here, 

there were 60 or 70 rows,

but of these, 

only 5 or 6 were cropping,

but that was enough for us,

time for a break,

a few more to pick,

we had about three quarters of the basket full, which will be enough for ourselves and Steve and Kai, who unfortunately could not make it today, regarding the rows that were not being cropped, they seemed a good few weeks behind these, so I am guessing they are a different variety, we will be back!

on to the apples,

lots of them!

all set to start,

again the trees were loaded with fruit,

time for the weigh in,

there were lots of fruit juices offered for sale, our bill came to just £12.00, which considering how much we had was a bargain,

a last look at the rows of fruit,
 
and stall, and we were off home,

in the evening we were out for our evening meal, the number 54 bus stopping at an antiques shop, which I always look in when it is open,

but this is what we were here for, a Indian meal at the Kathmandu Marsala,

'Cheers!', with a pre-meal sherry,

we ordered 3 starters to share, a mixed kebab,

a King prawn puri,

and lamb samosas,

for our main course chicken machoori and lamb jalzmmer, both of which we had not tried before and were delicious,

'Cheers!', we also ordered mushroom and peas pulao rice,

another 'Cheers!', with a complimentary port, the bill came to £66.66, I hope that is not an omen!

I forgot to post these when we were at Steve and Kai's garden,

sunflowers, that they had grown from seed, as all of the vegetables and salad, in the garden, back to last night, we caught the bus home and watched a couple of quiz shows, finishing the evening with a rescheduled New Tricks that finished just after midnight, what a wonderful day, and with that we were off to bed.


No comments: