Sunday 2 August 2020

Yesterday We Decided If Today Was Nice,

we would have a day in the park,


and it was,

so we did,

bubbly out of the refrigerator and into the ice bucket,

before leaving Diana had made us a picnic,

all set,

we were both surprised how few people were here,

especially as yesterday was so hot,

on to the important bit, the bubbly was putting up a bit of a fight,

but all was well,

open air, bubbly and a finger cheese sandwich, what could be better?

the same, but with a cucumber finger sandwich!

fresh fruit finished it was time for a read,

and time for a haircut,

another one of me,

we just had to have a selfie,

in the late afternoon Diana left me to it, so after my evening meal of chicken noodle soup and fresh fruit, I spent the evening reading and listening to music, 

Diana had been invited to a co-workers party,

plenty of cocktails,

and a cake,

one thing about these parties,

there is always so much food,

after the meal which started at 6.00 in the evening, 

 the party got into full swing, and here they all are,

just after 11.30 Diana called to ask me to meet her at the entrance of the park, one of her co-workers was dropping her off,

whist waiting I noticed this bush opposite the park entrance, I think it could be forsythia, I will have a closer look next time we go past in the daylight, arriving home it was feet up for a nightcap, and one from Have I Got News For You, next for us we were off to bed.


No comments: