Wednesday 29 September 2021

I Awoke Feeling A Lot Better,

so much so I was gong to join the queue to buy some fuel,


the plan was that I would pick up Steve and drive down to see Duncan, but it all fell apart when I got up, the room just seemed to have a slight sideways tilt and the ceiling was moving, the best way I can describe the sensation is if you have ever had far too much to drink and laid down the room seems to revolve, anyway driving was defiantly out for today, also as it happens the queues for fuel were still so long, Diana left for work in the morning, 

in the afternoon having mentioned the film Snatch to John and Alley I watched it again, here is what I wrote about the film when I watched it before, "if you have not yet watched Snatch, give it a try, it has everything a good British gangster film should have, Mickey, a 'pikey' (slang for an Irish Gypsy), Turkish, an unlicensed boxing promoter, a huge diamond heist, characters like 'Cousin Avi', 'Boris The Blade', 'Frankie Four Fingers' and 'Bullet Tooth Tony', guns, boxing and a dog, what more could you want? although for non UK audiences I would recommend using the subtitles as there is a fair bit of UK slang that might not easily be understood, but what a great film, I have watched it more than a few times and will certainly watch it again", I should mention if you watch the film on Netflix you will hear and see the version where the UK slang has been taken out, a great fun South London  gangster movie, after my evening meal it was feet up watching a Midsomer Murder, which finished just as Diana called, arriving home I was off to bed for another early evening.


3 comments:

jpo5626 said...

Dear Stan & Diana-we hope you start feeling better soon Stan. Alley and I took a day trip yesterday given forecast for heavy rain here starting today for rest of the week. We have scheduled time today to watch the movie Snatch as we have access on Amazon Prime. Thanks and get well soon!
Regards
John & Alley

jpo5626 said...

Dear Stan and Diana-Snatch was excellent! Funny, fast moving and full of London’s underside. A good one for sure! And the lucky dog got a permanent home once he visited the vet, got the shoe, the squeak toy and diamond removed! Regards,
John. & Alley

PattayaStan said...

Dear John and Alley, I am glad that you enjoyed Snatch, it is for myself a favourite of mine, in a similar vein have you watched Lock, Stock and two Smoking Barrels? also written and directed by Guy Ritchie, again set in London where seedy gambling dens and drinking clubs abound, at least one of the actors you will have seen in Snatch appears, but also a singer, Sting, makes an appearance, another favourite film of mine, best regards, Stan and Diana.