Friday 10 September 2021

I Had A Quiet Day Planned,

all I had to do was the weekends shopping,


but a call from our solicitor put paid to that, he had just found out that our flat was still in the name of the mortgage company that I had finished paying some 8 or 9 years ago! so off to the bank who I had the mortgage with, 

the day itself was quite pleasant, the forecast was for the weather to break and it was going to be a rainy day, luckily the rain held off, arriving at the bank they could not help, but gave me the telephone number of the mortgage team at head office, 

so on with the shopping at Lidl, arriving home I called the mortgage team on the number the bank gave me, the number was a dud! so I started the process of trying to speak to the correct person at presumably head office, eventually I was put through to a lady that said she could help, after going through all of the details the answer was, 'I can not find any mention of your mortgage with us, could you please hold?' after what seemed an age we chatted again, my mortgage had been found, in the mortgage archives department, now the good news, it will take 10 working days for the bank to remove themselves from our flat and I will then be the legal owner! all of which should have been done on the day my mortgage finished, why does this sort of thing always happen to me? on to a happier note, our refrigerator door is full of magnets which we often look at, they bring back so many happy memories, and as it happens on this very day 2 years ago we went to the Orkneys, here are a few photographs of our day there, 

yes it was cold! I have not described the photographs, but if you want to have a look at our day please click the link here,








in the evening I watched the usual Midsomer Murder and then Diana called,

so off to the 162 bus stop and back home, where it was feet up for the last half of Wolverine before we were off to bed.


No comments: