Saturday 16 October 2021

I Guess It Must Have Seemed Like A Good Idea,

to the four year old,


put a bicycle lock around Mums neck and lock it, the security device is similar to a U-lock, in any event Mum knew the combination number of the lock, so it was not a problem, but,

somehow the kid had changed the number to open the lock, so the young mother had to walked into a police station in Huai’an, China’s Jiangsu Province, wearing the bicycle lock, “I was cleaning the toilet, and my son was playing with the bicycle lock next to me,” the unnamed woman told police. “He suddenly put it around my neck and locked it. I couldn’t unlock it with the code I had set and I had no idea know how many times he changed it, so I panicked.”

the police decided they could not help, so the fire brigade were called, all is now well, apparently this story is all about 'boundaries', the woman’s story and the video footage of the lock removal went viral on Chinese social media, with most people commenting about the need for boundaries to be set by parents in order to avoid situations like this, “A typical example of failure to teach children about boundaries, I did not laugh at all after watching this,” one person commented, “Even if it’s between parent and child, boundaries have to be set for all actions and words, children cannot cross these boundaries,” someone else wrote, so there you have it, to avoid finding yourself in the same position, teach your kids boundaries! even so I thought it was funny, but then my sense of humor is perhaps a little strange.


No comments: