Saturday 16 October 2021

I Had Forgotten All About The Fossils We Found,

when we went to Charmouth,


and here they are, 3 belemnites at the top, 2 ammonites at the bottom, with a few bits of ammonites in between,

the rocks at Charmouth date predominantly from the early part of the Jurassic period (around 190 million years ago), during which time this area lay beneath a warm, shallow sea, closer to the equator, approximately where North Africa resides today, 

after a few hours this is all we had to show for our time, note to self, do not take up fossil hunting as a career! but I have to say it was good fun,

in the afternoon Diana was going to work so I accompanied her to the bus stop,

and continued walking to M & S opposite the church for our weekends shopping,

shopping finished back past the churchyard,

and into the park,

the dahlias in the garden in Foxgrove Lodge,

putting on a good show,

time for a read and a sherry,

whilst shopping I bought a few roses to liven up the flowers for the table, 

for tonight a few mini Molten Mulberry pork pies as a starter,

whilst shopping I saw some smoked haddock which I fancied, so warmed in milk I had a couple of fillets,

for dessert a rainbow fruit salad,

then off to the club to meet up with Steve, a few people still using the tennis courts,

not many people in the club tonight, we chatted the night away, Steve kindly dropped me off at home, where it was feet up until Diana called, arriving home we had a quick coffee and a chat before we were off to bed.


No comments: