Thursday 12 March 2009

Off Shopping, To The Market And Then Out On The Town!

first stop to Friendship supermarket to pick up some wine and vodka,
and some other non important stuff like food!
then to the market for - yes you guessed it - bugs! whilst waiting for Diana I took a few snaps of the market, I do not think they are available in the Philippines,
but Diana certainly seems to like eating the insects out here,
I have on three occasions eaten ants out here (moot dang) twice raw or uncooked and once fried, I can not say I liked the taste or texture, but there is something I find strange about eating other insects, which is totally irrational, if you think about it, I love the insects of the sea, shrimps, prawns, crabs and lobsters,
Diana all dressed up and ready to go,
with jewelry and a new dress,
as we were going to meet Uttpal and Darshan at the beginning of Walking Street I took a few pictures on the way there, this is the stairs leading to Polo,
a little further on towards Molly Malone's,
after we meet up this was going to be our first port of call in Soi 14, the Beach Club, for a "Welcome to Thailand" quite drink,
a bit further on towards the ice cream parlour and the crowds are really thinning out now,
and then a huge space, a jewelers, portrait shop and tailors have all been pulled down in Walking Street to make way for I guess a new go-go/disco?
lots of pretty neon signs,
but so few customers,
then we all meet up, Darshan, Uttpal, Diana and myself,
this is their first trip to Walking Street, so after the Beach we went to Sisterz, then Champions and back to Sisterz, we all had a great time as you can imagine! they very kindly brought over a few goodies for Diana and myself from the UK from Sunda, many thanks it is always appreciated,
Diana was in 7th. heaven!
and she was not going to give them up! then off to bed, "Cheers!"

No comments: