Friday 6 March 2009

Reading Council Shows It Is Up Todate And On The Ball,

how so? I hear you ask, Guy Penman shows off the letter advising him to use his PayPoint swipe card at now defunct Woolworths stores, well if you are in Reading you may well known that Woolworths have been closed since Tuesday, January 6, not so the council, every council tax payer has been told they can pay their bill – in Woolies,
"the council has now stopped the payment slip system and replaced it with a payment card.” Guy Penman went on: “Reading Borough Council sent me a letter with a swipe card telling me about ‘a more convenient and simple way to pay my council tax’ using Woolworths stores, “Previously I had paid my council tax at my bank very simply and conveniently with payment slips provided by the council, a system which the council has now abolished, “Just how simple and convenient will it be for me to pay my council tax at a store which has gone bankrupt and whose branch in Reading has closed down?
from the council, Reading Borough Council spokesman Oscar Mortali said: “Unfortunately the letters were pre-printed just before the news that Woolworths had gone out of business, so that's alright then!

No comments: