Wednesday 4 March 2009

Tesco's New Family Shopping Scheme Is Unveiled,

in an attempt to get families to shop together Tescos now insists under age children must unsupervised leave the store, when their parents buy alcohol! yes you heard it correctly! Tesco refused to sell wine to a mother - in case she gave it to her 14-year-old daughter, fraud investigator Karen Dumelow, 46, and her daughter Emily were at the check-out when a cashier said she could not serve her in case the wine was given to the youngster, she had been about to pay for two bottles of white wine at the Portsmouth store while doing her weekly shopping with her daughter, she said today: 'The checkout assistant asked Emily for ID and I just told her that obviously she didn't have any because she is only 14 years old, she was then forced to put aside the wine, pay for the rest of the shopping and then send off her daughter to the car before she could pay for the alcohol separately at the same till, Mrs Dumelow, from Milton near Portsmouth, said today: 'The part that incensed me the most was that literally one minute later I bought the wine from the same till - it was unbelievable, 'All I had to do was send my daughter to the car and all of a sudden everything was OK.' Emily said she was embarrassed by the incident in the crowded store, adding: 'I don't understand why they wanted ID for me because the wine wasn't for me and I wasn't paying.' message to Tesco, kids under 16 do not and as far as I am aware can not have an I.D. card, so as far as Tesco is concern, even if you do not have a car, throw your kids outside to be preyed upon by a local paedophile and you can then buy your wine! once again I have to wonder who attends these meetings where so called "family stores" come up with these rules, is there a brain cell amongst the board members, or was some one else using it?

No comments: