Friday 29 January 2010

Mick And Mass Have Been Looking At Buying A House Out Here,

so after looking at several a final decision might soon be made, this is the leading contender, 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom detached bungalow on a private estate,
it has a car port by the side of the entrance,
with some nice mature trees,
the lounge, kitchen,
the lounge from the kitchen,
entrance,
looking out from the carport,
on the way back it started to rain, big drops as well if you look at the size of the splashes on the road, this is supposed to be the dry season!
then time to play trains, a slight problem with the controller, it stopped working, so as I had missed today's collection I will drop it off at FedEx tomorrow morning, but for today I am experimenting with ballasting the track, I will let it dry over night to see which looks best,
but this is the ballast I used, from Woodland Scenics, a US based company, but they have a UK shop,
brush the ballast off of the sleepers,
an action shot!
oh the concentration!
the half on the right is 50/50 PVA glue with a drop of washing up liquid, (it helps mix the glue), the half on the left 25/75,
the problem was that as I applied the glue it washed some of the ballast from the track, so on the right I used dampened ballast, not a good idea, on the left ballast that I laid first and then misted with water from a plant sprayer, I will see the results tomorrow when the glue has dried,
but for now carry on painting the new rails to make them look old,
so much to do and time consuming it is to, still that is what a hobby is all about,
I used this roof brown to give a wooden look to the sleepers,
and strangely the one I should have used, rail tie brown, looked better at making the rails look old,
so after working on the railroad feet up to watch a DVD, Titanic, a great favorite, Diana was so interested about exactly what happened,
we then watched the first of a 3 part Discovery Channel DVD set about Titanic, Diana was captivated to find out that it really did happen, also for me it was a bit of an eye opener, it is so easy to say it was so long, but still difficult to imagine, the commentator got over this quite well, he said on this the first DVD 'imagine a 80 storey tall building, lay it on its side, that is the length of the Titanic', I looked for a link to the DVD's but could not find one, but I am sure most DVD shops could order one if you so wanted, anyway, next two DVD's in the series will be watched in the weeks to come, but for tonight it was off to bed.

No comments: