Wednesday 13 January 2010

Tuesday we were off to Soi Bukoaw market,

we had bought a few new sets of sheets and pillow cases for our bed,
and wanted to buy a couple of bed covers, but on the way spotted this much modified bike,
a huge 'go faster' carb,
and a huge 'go slower' front brake disc, the road outside of Friendship alternated between being completely empty,
or being at a complete standstill, the hold up was caused when the truck that takes away motorbikes or the tow truck that takes away illegally parked cars makes an appearance, the road is then blocked for a few minutes and the traffic backs up,
but we parked legally so on to the market, I was just having a look around, but Diana and Mass were on a mission to find a candle wick bedspread, so many dresses,
but I think these are a bit to small for Diana!
this is more like it, I bought a couple for Diana,
then a look around the fish and plant section,
there were so many of my favorite plants, orchids,
it seems that many of them flower at this time of the year,
so many varieties of colours, from dark to
light pink,
reds and yellows, I was going to have a coffee and wait for the girls, but there was not a single seat in all of the restaurants in the market, so I waited at home, Diana did not see a bed spread, but she did see a pair of shorts and a top, so that was alright then!
we had bought some filleted salmon when we were at Tesco's so Diana prepared it in a teriyaki sauce, with boiled potatoes and Brussel sprouts, fresh fruit for desert, delicious!
I should also have said that knowing Mike and Riza were calling round I had opened a bottle of red wine, we spent the evening having a chat and then time for bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stanley,

Did you ever read 2009 Man Booker Prize winner; "Wolf Hall" by Hilary
Mantel?

I see that this novel is now on sale at 'Bookazine Thailand'; of which there is a store at Big 'C', and also Royal Garden Plaza, I think.

PattayaStan said...

Dear Anonymous, 'Wolf Hall' was on my 'to buy' list when I go back to the UK, but many thanks for letting me know it is available over here, we do not go to Big 'C' very often, but when Diana has a craving for a McDonald's I will pick one up in the Royal Garden, once again many thanks, best regards, Stan and Diana.