Wednesday 11 May 2011

Tuesday, Out To Do The Weekly Shop,

so first stop, Friendship, where we park the bike in the front of the store, I must admit we try not to shop on a Tuesday or Friday as we do not like being stopped for a voluntary contribution, but we also wanted to go to Soi Bukaow market, so Diana made her way to the market,
whilst I called in to Tuk Com to buy some paper or I should say card for our printer,
I then made my way through the market to meet up with Diana, the good news is that this stall holder has at least put a metal shield between the boiling oil and the public, but it still makes me feel uneasy every time I see one of these oil pans on a tripod near to walk ways,
as with most markets plenty of fresh vegetables, and fruit with lots of clothes in the distance,
I stopped here to buy Diana some nail varnish remover, she normally buys the small bottles, then runs out so for today I invested in the pint sized bottle, so that should keep her stocked with it for at least a week!
a quick look at the aquatic shop, but nothing there to take my fancy,
almost every time we go out to a market like this we see so many cactus, just a few years ago we never saw even one, I wonder why they have gotten so popular?
at the end of the market it looked like the mobile stall holders were all having a coffee break,
there was another stall behind this one, all unattended,
after I had ordered an ice coffee, Diana came back with a few goodies, so one for her then we were off to friendship,
where we came back over loaded! we are trying to do a once a week shop, in a vain attempt to keep the bills down, as Blackadder once said in Black Adder III, Episode 5, Amy and Amiability, 'sometimes I feel like a pelican - whichever way I turn I still have an enormous bill in front of me!'
Poirot was the first of our evenings entertainment titled, Three Act Tragedy, the inoffensive Reverend Babbington chokes to death at a cocktail party he is attending with his wife at the home of famous actor Sir Charles Cartwright, some time later Sir Bartholomew Strange, an eminent doctor and friend of Cartwright, also dies of poisoning at a dinner party he is giving miles away, there appears to be no link between the two deaths, but is there? we both found the guilty party innocent, good job we are not on the Job!
we had finished the first series of Black Books, very enjoyable they were too, although I would say they will not be to every body's taste, series two tomorrow,
as it was by now getting late a couple of Only Fools and Horses, tonight, Sleeping Dogs Lie, Watching the Girls Go By, finally As One Door Closes, all priceless comedies, then for us off to bed.

No comments: