Sunday 1 May 2011

We Decided To Go To The Saturday Market Again,

and inadvertently experience the worst traffic I have ever witnessed over here! the traffic was just for some reason terrible, although not true there were a number of times I thought it would have been quicker to walk! but we made it in the end, almost an hour to make a normally 15 - 20 minuet journey, I pictured some portable self-contained waterfalls on our last visit here, well this is how you move them when you buy one,
there were a few more fish stalls here this week, this the first of five I spotted,
all the aquariums fully stocked, but nothing really caught my eye,
we called back to the miniature garden stall for another box of moss, but again there was none for sale,
I am not sure what the name of this orchid is, but they are always very expensive with even small ones going for 2,500 baht upwards,
the reason I guess is because when it flowers there are literally hundreds of flowers on each of the flower stalks, strange thing is that they are not particularly slow growing, so it can not be the growing that makes them expensive, maybe the germination of their seeds is more complicated than other orchids,
next another new one for me, it has these strange light cream 'cones' growing from the base,
almost like soft pine cones, but with small flowers popping out of each 'petal',
new for this week, rabbits, in various colours,
there were also some of these wax like flowers we looked at last week,
a different type of bonsai growing on a rock,
another one of the fish stalls, this one a bit smaller than the first,
then time for a ice fruit drink for Diana, an ice coffee for me, just 20 baht each,
another bonsai type tree,
I then for the first time noticed these bonsai pots, only 150 baht each so I bought two circular ones, I also wanted a couple of oblong ones but they were sold, so I ordered a couple for next week,
then we saw these two animals sleeping peacefully in their baskets, a kitten and a puppy,
they looked so cute as we watched them breathing, fast asleep, it was only after trying to poke one awake that you realised they were battery operated,
another one of the self contained waterfalls waiting for a buyer,
then home with my two bonsai pots and 3 pines to put into them, as soon as Joe returns with the rooting hormone I will begin to move and trim the trees to how I want them to grow,
just for scale they are 18" across,
Mark called round for a tea and a chat, then after he left it was feet up for History Mysteries, The post mistress who was a spy, Mabel Stranks was the post mistress in the small village of Highworth for over 25 years, during the war, the post office was a decoy address for new recruits arriving to train for a secret underground guerrilla army – the auxiliary units – at nearby Coleshill House, rumours have it that little grey-haired Mabel Stranks was herself a spy whose name was even on Hitler’s ‘Death List’, Mabel’s grandson, Brennan, wants to find out whether the rumours are true or not, this is such a great series for Diana and myself, such a shame that so few of them have been made,
to round the evening off, the last three episodes of Only Fools And Horses, series one, then for us off to bed.

No comments: