Wednesday 11 December 2013

A Lazy Day Today,

we decided to have a day on the beach at Chai Chet,
 
 
first we called into the bank, normally if I go to the same bank that I use no matter where I am I am not charged to draw out cash, if I make a transaction which does incur a charge it is shown on my passbook, or when transferring funds a receipt is given, but here in the Koh Chang branch of Siam Commercial Bank I was told that I would have to pay 60 baht or I could not draw any cash, I noticed no entry of the charge was made in my bank book or receipt issued, was this a local scam? I hope not but who knows except the bank teller and SCB, on a happier note we bought some fruit to take with us to the beach,

 and there was lots to chose from,

arriving at the beach,
 
as usual we had most of it to ourselves,

so we settled down to where we normally sit,

looking out into the bay as well as the big boats anchored,

there were also kayaks that you can hire to cross the bay,
 
then Diana found the delights of swinging on a ball,

across the sand,

and back again,

I know the horizon is not level,

but when Diana is speeding towards you at the speed of light,
 
all you can do is click the shutter,

next back to our lunch,
 
a beer for myself and a malibu pineapple for Diana,

'Cheers!,
 
from both of us,
 
as our chicken and cashew nuts lunch arrived with chicken fried rice,

we watched the sun sink lower,
 
but as usual,

I never know what is the best picture to post, so I guess this one

but what do I know?

we then made a move from the beach we were on,

and this is the sign to look for if you want to find it,

one great thing about all of the baht buses out here is this sign,

on all of them, I wonder if it will ever catch on in Pattaya?

next stop some fresh fruit for tomorrow,

we are off for another day out,

so a quick shower and change then having a drink at Paddy's Palms before our evening out, we noticed this bike outside,

although not new it had so many lights that lit up it made it one of a kind,
 
 then for our evening meal we were off to India Hut,

 after a few poppadom's our starters arrived,

 chicken tikka,

 and one of our favourites here in Koh Chang, the nicest onion bhajis we have ever had,

 a look into the restaurant,
 
we were going to have a main course, but we were so full we decided that we had enough, but Diana fancied a dessert so this was it, a sweet rice dish, after Diana's last course a walk back to Paddy's Palms for a night cap or three, as we are going to be up early tomorrow we were then off to bed.
 
 

No comments: