Friday 20 December 2013

Straight On With The Blog Today,

as I have another slight problem with my computer,
 
 
 first thing and true to their word,

 the bug company called round,

 this gentleman sprays around the perimeter of the property,

 whilst the boss uses a hand held manual pump-up spray for the inside of the house,

 by now the silicone had cured in the aquarium,

 so time to refill it,
 
 and hope the repair had been effective and luckily so far it has,

 we then popped over to see Jack Levey and pay for this years motorbike insurance, 1,900 baht later and we were on our way,

also in the morning the computer guy called round, the small backup computer that we keep copies of our pictures in gave up the ghost, so Wattana called round with a new 2 things of space outside hard drive, the problem was that we needed another socket to run it, the technician very kindly drew and wrote down the piece of kit we needed a USB splitter, so of we went and bought one at Banana IT in the TukCom Centre, arriving home and looking at it for the first time it was apparent even to me that the splitter I had been given despite the note that I had shown the shop assistant from the technician from Wattana did not split USB sockets, but split telephone lines!

back to Banana IT in TukCom, it appears that they did not have the USB splitter on the piece of paper that I showed them, so money back and off to another store, I am not sure of its name, but it seems to be a sort of cut price place with lots of plastic boxes with computer bits in them on the floor, a quick look at the paper and the assistant handed me a mains/transformer powered USB splitter, just what was on the paper, so off we went back home, I moved all of the USB plugs into it, plugged the splitter into the computer then plugged the transformer into the mains supply, well you know me with things electrical, I looked at the screen, nothing! so I undid all that I had done still and put everything back to as it was, still nothing, I could not even turn the computer off as there was nothing on the screen so all I could do was unplug it, tomorrow the guy from Wattana is calling round, again,

so I am now using the laptop which is why I am going straight on to today's post, moving on, in the evening we decided to make up the Christmas tree, Diana did the decorating whilst I had my annual battle with the Christmas light bulb gremlin's, this year they were especially bad, (me and electrics again), the first string lit up like, well a Christmas tree, until I unplugged them and Diana put them on the tree, where they died and did not light up again, so into the bin they went, the next set lit up then Diana got a mild electric shock, the lights then failed and they too refused to light again, another set in the bin, the next set worked fine as did the next, so we now have two strings of lights on the tree, one green and one red, it looks just like Christmas! in the evening we watched Mary Shelly's Frankenstein, the one with Kenneth Branagh and Robert De Niro, another from Columbo, a couple from Cheers, then for us we were off to bed.







 

No comments: