Thursday 19 December 2013

Yesterdays Post I Mentioned Was Late,

for two reasons,


 firstly I had an appointment at the hospital to test my blood pressure/sugar levels, waiting for the results I popped along to Second Road for a breakfast,

 as usual I went to the Yiam restaurant,

 as it was just after 08.00 in the morning I was the only customer there, as expected my readings were slightly elevated, but after having 3 meals a day when we were on Koh Chang it was to be expected, so back to the diet from now on!

 next stop was to a hardware shop, we have so many cats in the yard at night it is difficult to sleep some nights, so I was going to install one of those infra-red sensors linked to water that fire a jet of water at cats and birds in the hope of scaring them away, on my way to the hardware store driving around I found the source of yesterdays all day power cut,

a  new concrete post to carry the 3 phase cables was being installed as the old one had a bit of a lean on it, notice the water on the right,

 it was all going swimmingly well till the new post hole hit a water main,

 traffic and water were both diverted down a small side Soi, the good news was that the power came back on at about 4.00 in the afternoon, after our evening meal we watched some of the television that we have on satellite, a new The Chase was a good start to the evening, we followed that by some from Columbo and Cheers, then for us we were off to bed.


No comments: